Calling all students!
Are you looking for an opportunity to get some writing experience? Are you interested in making a career of your writing? Are you interested in a little extra cash to pay for college?
KittyMoms is now accepting essay submissions for our scholarship program, an essay contest which grants $600 to the best entry.
Are you interested?
Do you know a young writer who could benefit from our scholarship program?
Fantastic! Below are details on the topic, guidelines, submission and eligibility:
But first, here is a little bit more about who we are at KittyMoms:
At KittyMoms, we aim to create a one-stop-shop for all new moms to get the information, support, and encouragement they need to feel confident in their new role – Mommy. We share tips, trends, resources, and shopping guides (like this one for the best baby swing) to help even the busiest mom make self-assured choices.
Founder of Kittymoms
Each year we carefully select a topic that is of interest to our readers and draws a wide variety of possible submissions. A topic is selected but kept intentionally vague to spark the most creative entries.
This year’s topic is "Effects of Teenage Pregnancy".
Essay Writing Guidelines
The purpose of this scholarship program is to celebrate young authors and highlight the creative voice of the next generation of writers. Although our target demographic for submissions is students, the winning essay will be seen by the broad audience of KittyMoms. The experience, the exposure, and of course, the chance to win extra money for college makes this program even more exciting.
You may be wondering what makes a good essay or if your style of writing would fit in with the submission requirements for this scholarship program. The good news is that beyond the handful of requirements outlined below, you are free to explore this topic in any way you like. You approach can be personal, confrontational, inspirational, scientific, or even comical.
Your essay should be fun, engaging, and written in your unique voice to capture the attention of our editors and the intended audience. The scholarship will be awarded based on merit. Demonstrate your creativity and authenticity to be considered as a top contender.
- IMPORTANT: Submissions that do not pass plagiarism tests will be immediately discarded and their authors removed from the contest. Replication of copywritten material without proper citation will not be tolerated.
Your essay must:
- Pertain to the topic of teenage pregnancy
- Demonstrate creativity and personal style
- Be between 1200-1500 words
- Contain only original content (reference should be properly cited)
- Be checked for correct spelling and grammar
- Be in Word (.doc) or Google document file format
How To Submit
- To submit, your essay in Word (.doc) or Google document format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your submission must include:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Name of the school/institution
- Where you are currently enrolled.
The deadline for final submissions is May 23, 2018. The submissions will be reviewed by our editors and the winner will be contacted prior to the announcement on our site. The winner will also receive the $600 award by PayPal.
Who Is Eligible
Entries will be accepted from high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students still enrolled as a student.
- Note: by submitting your article, you grant KittyMoms the right to use it for promotions and marketing purposes. Students under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to submit.
We run our scholarship program yearly.