When you mix brands, it can be hard to ensure they attach. With a combo, shifting from car seat to the stroller is easy, and you can make sure they will fit together. The convenience factor makes it easier when your baby is sleeping, or it is cold outside. These combos can be used for multiple children. It is no wonder they are so popular. Let’s take a look at some of the features to consider when purchasing a car seat stroller combo.
Features to Consider When Purchasing a Car Seat Stroller Combo
Strollers aren’t always small and easy to fit into your trunk. The car seat will be in the car with your baby, so that has to fit into your vehicle as well. Some infant car seats are very bulky; a small, compact car can pose issues. Before you purchase a combo, make sure that you read the dimensions of the box and measure your trunk if you fear it won’t fit.
The weight of the stroller and car seat matters as well. Lifting the stroller can be quite a struggle when the stroller weighs a lot. If this is a major concern for you, make sure to take a look at the weight of the stroller.
Carrying an infant seat can be cumbersome for parents. As your baby grows, it can become even harder, especially when you add in the weight of your child.
Take a look at the weight of the car seat before the purchase.
2. Weight Range
Infant car seats only go up to so many pounds before they are not usable. Strollers, as well, have a weight range to consider. You may have large babies and believe that they will outgrow the weight range too quickly.
3. Style of Stroller
There are two basic types of strollers:
- jogging strollers
- 4-wheel strollers
- Jogging strollers are convenient and a great option for parents who prefer an outdoor lifestyle. If you like to take strolls in the woods or to go jogging, it would be best to purchase a jogging stroller.
- The 4-wheel strollers are the most common. They are all-around great, except for bumpy strolls. They are stable and offer a comfortable ride for your baby.
4. Basket Size
Mothers know just how important it is to have a great basket size in your stroller. Infants and their siblings require a lot of items when they leave the house. If you try to hang a bag from the stroller, you are likely to tip it over.
Having a nice sized basket underneath makes traveling and shopping easier.
5. Ease of Use
Can you unfold and fold the stroller with ease? Ideally, all it will take is one button or lifting to fold the stroller. One handed folding is a great option for mothers, especially when they have other children.
The car seat should easily attach to the stroller with just one button as well.
6. Comfort for All
- Your baby is going to spend hours in the car seat, and stroller and they need to be comfortable. The stroller should recline at multiple positions so your child can sleep comfortably and at ease.
- You may want to check the number of cup holders; you can never have too many cup holders!
- The stroller should have a 5 point harness to hold your baby safely in place.
- Some strollers offer some great features, so be sure to read about what they offer and not just their fabric style.
The Top 5 Car Seat Stroller Combos
Graco is one of the leading brands of baby gear, so it is no surprise that they have a great travel system to be included in this list.
- The Click Connect is a modern car seat that many parents love. It holds infants from 4 to 30lbs and up to 30 inches; it is an attractive option for preemie babies.
- The stroller can hold children up to 50 pounds so that you will get plenty of years of use.
- The fast action fold is a great feature in a baby stroller. You can open and fold it in just a matter of seconds.
- The best feature is you can hold the stroller is one hand; sometimes, that is all mothers have available! You won’t always have someone to help you, so the folding part is great.
- The Graco stroller is lightweight; it weighs only 22 pounds without the infant car seat.
- This isn’t a jogging stroller or a 4-wheel stroller; it is a 3-wheel stroller. It lets you walk outdoor and indoor quickly because the front wheels have suspension for a smooth ride with easy maneuverability.
- Your baby will ride in comfortable. The seat is padded, so they are comfortable. There is a multi-position recline so your baby can sleep easily.
- One of the best features is the extra-large basket. You can fit a whole diaper bag, along with some shopping bags under the stroller.
- Also, the stroller has a tray and two cup holders.
Overall, Graco offers an excellent travel system for parents.
Are you a parent that loves to jog or take frequent walks? If so, a jogging stroller may be the most practical option. The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System comes with the Baby Trend Jogging Stroller and the Baby Trend Flex Lock car seat. The infant car seat works for babies 5 to 30 pounds and 30 inches tall. Also included is the car seat base, allowing you to place the car seat in the vehicle quickly.
- The all-terrain front wheel swivels and locks in place. Locking is needed to jog, but the swiveling is ideal for easy maneuvering.
- Baby Trend included a parent tray with 2 cup holders and a convenient child tray for quick snacks while on the go.
- The storage basket is large enough for a diaper bag and other items.
- Another nice feature is an adjustable canopy with a peek-a-boo window, allowing parents to check on their sleeping baby.
- The padded seat of the stroller can recline to multiple degrees, making it perfect for babies of all ages.
- For safety, parents will find a 5-point harness as well as a tether strap for jogging. They also added reflectors on the footrest.
- You can use the jogging stroller from birth up to 50 pounds and 42 inches tall so that it will last you years.
The Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System is one of the best travel systems to purchase because of its high quality and desirable features, along with an affordable price.
Chicco makes several baby products, including this great car seat stroller combo.
- It is a unique system, with the easy to remove stroller seat and canopy. Unlike many travel systems, the car seat doesn’t fit directly into the stroller. It requires a few extra steps. Let’s take a look!
- To use the stroller with the car seat, you have to remove the seat, creating the Keyfit Carrier.
- Parents add the car seat adapter and remove the canopy.
- Then, you are ready to set off with your baby in the car seat for a stroll down the street.
- The Keyfit car seat goes up to 30 pounds and 30 inches. The Bravo stroller goes up to 50lbs and is perfect for toddlers as well as babies. There are multiple reclining positions, so your infant can take a nap in the stroller. When attached, the canopy is extra-large and perfect for covering your baby from various angles.
- There are some other great features to consider!
- You can fold the stroller with one hand for quick and compact traveling.
- The front wheels with auto swivel inward to ensure it folds compactly.
- Also, once folded, the stroller can stand by itself. This makes loading and unloading the stroller even easier.
- Lastly, the Chicco Bravo has some comfortable features:
- Such as the extra-large storage basket. Parents can access it from the front and the back for all of your needed items.
- There is a parent tray with a cup holder. However, your baby will not have an infant tray or a cup holder.
The Chicco Bravo Stroller has some great features that parents will love.
Our next car seat stroller combo is by Graco, with the SnugRide Click Connect 30 infant car seat.
- The Click Connect fits babies from 4 to 30lbs and up to 30 inches. The stroller carries children up to 50lbs so that the stroller will grow with your child.
- The Comfy Cruiser is named so because it is intended to be comfortable at all times for your baby. The stroller has extra padding and multiple reclining positions. As your child grows, there is a position available for your adventures out and about.
- The child also has their tray with a cup holder.
- Parents’ needs weren’t forgotten by Graco! There are two parent cup holders and storage tray. The storage basket is under the stroller and can drop down for easy access. The basket is large enough for most diaper bags and parent needs.
- The next features to consider are the easy, one-handed fold for the parent. The stroller, once folded, is self-standing and also has a carry strap. You can take it on the go.
- The Comfy Cruiser has built-in suspension and front locking swivel wheels, so you have extra control as well. For safety, there is a 3 or 5 point harness, so your baby is secure.
Graco has a lot of great features to consider when purchasing a travel system.
The last travel system in the review is the Britax B-Agile and B-Safe.
- The B-Safe 35 infant car seat is intended for only rear-facing infants 4 to 35 pounds and less than 32 inches tall.
- The car seat uses less space in your vehicle and lessens side to side movement.
- Your baby will be protected while you are in the car because the B-Safe is designed for safety and security.
- The stroller carries babies under 55 pounds. The B-Agile stroller is a 3-wheel stroller that is lightweight and easy to fold. Parents can fold the stroller with one hand.
- The Click and Go system allows parents to attach the car seat quickly. There is less chance of waking your sleeping baby while you transfer them from car to stroller.
- One of the nice features is a large canopy with a mesh ventilation window so that you can see your baby with the canopy closed.
- The storage basket is large and easy to access from the back of the stroller. However, there are no cup holders and no storage tray for infants, which some parents may not appreciate.
Overall, the Britax makes a very safe and secure travel system for your baby.
Picking the Right Travel System
There are some great travel systems in this review. For me, the best out of the five is the Graco FastAction Fold, for several reasons.
- First, the one-handed fold is a great feature for parents.
- The SnugRide car seat is highly rated and perfect for babies up to 30lbs.
- The storage basket is large and easy to access. 3-wheel strollers are great because they offer a smooth and comfortable ride for kids.
Overall, it offers great features for parents and children.
Did you use a travel system with your baby? We would love to know which one is your favorite and why. Let us know in the comments!